A SALUTE TO ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS
Many of us take animal control for granted. We treat is as something that happens “behind the scenes” to keep our communities running smoothly. But the truth is it takes a team of dedicated, hard-working professionals who devote a great many hours to serve the public. It takes special skills to approach abused, abandoned or diseased animals, and a big heart to do the job.
Take a moment to watch this heart-wrenching video posted by Hope for Paws about a heroic rescue of a German Shepherd from the Los Angeles River – a long stretch of mostly cement framed by high embankment and fencing.
This week it’s our turn to show our thanks by celebrating Animal Care and Control Appreciation Week, April 9-15, 2017. How can we show our appreciation?
- Contact our local shelters and municipalities, find out who these unsung heroes are, ask them to share their rescue stories on video and post their stories on social media.
- Educate the public about services these professionals provide by protecting the welfare of helpless animals and pets that are rescued from injury, disease, abuse and starvation.
- Raise awareness about the importance of enforcing animal control laws and keeping the public safe from diseases such as rabies.
- Donate your time to help educate the public about the proper care of community pets.
- Work with animal control units to organize a thank you party for their efforts, invite the local press.
- Suggest a guest appearance by an animal control professional at your child’s school.
- Organize an awareness campaign to continue the pathway of rescued animals needing to find their forever homes.
- Write a note of thanks to your local animal control agency. It will mean a lot to know you care!
This blog is brought to you by Under the Weather®, provider of bland diet products for dogs. These bland diet products offer a quick and convenient solution when dogs experience digestive issues such as vomiting or diarrhea. Ready to go in minutes – just add boiling water to rehydrate.
Our bland diet recipes are made with 100% human-grade meats – no meat by-products, antibiotic free and no hormones added! They are gluten free and have no chemicals or dyes. Sourced and manufactured in the U.S.A.
View Our Products
Visit Our Blog Library